what do you thing about this solutions??


Workout Every Day Vs Not Every Day



Today's topic is how often to work out each muscle or muscle group.

I know, I know, the traditional thinking is to work a muscle or muscle group and then rest it for a few days and then hit it again. Believe me when I tell you that I subscribe to this way of thinking, I really do.

BUT, lately I've been personally experimenting with the total opposite way, and I have seen some pretty good results. Then, when I think back to workout programs I've done in the past, I realize I've always had success with the doing-the-same-thing-every-day workout method.

Let me explain what I'm talking about. Wait, let me give you a background first.

I interviewed Hit Richards from Calisthetics Kingz a while back and his program, "Chiseled in 30", does this same workout every day thing... sort of. Now, before you go rolling your eyes, Hit isn't some random guy who put together this program, he did research and he has the credentials to back up this program as well, but I'll save that conversation for a whole other time.

Anyway, I did the "Chiseled in 30" program and yes, I did see significant gains, grow and definition. Now, to be fair, I've done other programs and I've seen results as well.

As I looked back throughout my workout life, I realized I had seen my best results when doing the same thing every day. Oh, I would switch up and do something different every 2-3 weeks, but it would be the same workout for at least 5 days a week for those 2-3 weeks.

In fact, I have developed a body weight type workout (yet to be released) called "In and Out, Top to Bottom" (IOTB) based on this concept. But more on that another time.

I don't claim to know the science behind working out the same muscle every day vs. not doing so, I can only tell you from personal experience that there IS something to it, and it seems to lean towards the positive side of working out.

But Andrew, I thought muscles grow on rest. Working them out every day doesn't do that, so what's the deal?

I'm not going to disagree with you, as I stated above, I'm a believer in that method, but I'm also a believer in the other method as well. You see, lately my whole attitude towards working out has taken a slightly different turn than your usual Personal Trainer. I'm developing a more "hit it and quit it" type of workout philosophy, with MAJOR intensity. I believe in sweating during a workout, but I don't believe you should do so for several hours.

The exceptions are the people who are body builders, figure competitors... basically... people who compete with their physique in some way. That's a whole different mindset and a different type of workout program, which is TOTALLY NOT what I'm talking about here. I HIGHLY respect those individuals, heck, I've even interviewed a lot of them! Those folks do NOT workout the same way as the "1 hour a day" workout crowd, can you dig it?

Will I get blasted by some of the heavy hitters in the fitness world? Sure, and I totally expect that. But I've always been honest with my writings, and I will continue to be. When I find something that has worked for me, I will pass it along.

That being said, this "same muscle group daily" type of thing has worked for me.

Will it work for you? I don't know.

Does it go against tradition? Yup, but I've never been one to follow the traditional crowd.

The bottom line, I'm all about trying new things and keeping what works. If you would ask me which direction you should go: same muscle groups every day or mix it up daily, I would ask you what are you wanting to do and what kind of self discipline do you have? Why? Because some people may get bored with doing the same thing every day. If that's you, well, maybe that method isn't for you.


I welcome your comments and suggestions. Hey, are you a Fitness Insider? Have you heard the latest Fitness Professional Interview? Have you listened to the "TFS on EDGE" podcasts? You can do so by going to http://www.TopFitnessStrategies.com

Get a personal training session in your home! Learn what the Fitness Professionals know! You have a chance to get the best fitness advice from the best fitness pro's on the planet! Get all the information at http://www.TopFitnessStrategies.com

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Andrew_Poletto