what do you thing about this solutions??


11 Excuses Not to Go for a Run - How to Haul Yourself Off the Sofa and Out of the Door



Most of my patients and friends seem to get stuck at the first step - literally.

Running is all about putting one foot in front of the other and the most important of these is the very first one - out of your front door. If you don't open that door and take the first step it's just not going to happen. I can't do that one for you.

I hear many excuses. Are some of these familiar?


I'm too fat.
It hurts.
I get back pain.
It's bad for your knees.
I have high blood pressure.
I can't be bothered.
I haven't got the right gear.
It's boring.
It's raining.
It's dark when I go to work.
I'm not a fitness freak.



Fair enough - I understand your point of view. I hear a lot of this from my friends, colleagues and patients. Let me try and answer a few...

I'm too fat. Well, running is one of the very best ways to stop you being fat (anyone under three hundred pounds has few excuses), the discomfort of the first few runs rapidly fades. Replaced with an amazingly good feeling. Improvement over the first few weeks is gratifying to watch and experience.

It hurts. I get back pain. It's bad for your knees. Running helps promote excellent posture and improves leg muscles. Better posture and strong leg muscles often iron out back and knee pain rather than making them worse. As for it hurting, see your doctor if the pain is in one place. If it is general pain, don't worry, that's just the weakness leaving your body.

I have high blood pressure. I can't be bothered. Blood pressure will be improved by running. Motivation is massively enhanced by running, so you're running out of excuses.

I haven't got the right gear. The right gear doesn't even have to involve shoes! Barefoot running at race pace is possible. Running barefoot can be an excellent way to work on your technique. Running shoes at the cheap end of the spectrum with less padding can be a great way to train, as they promote a better footstrike by discouraging you from landing too heavily on your heels. It is possible to run in any clothes - they get a bit sweaty, that's all. I like the modern artificial fibres which help wick sweat away.

I also have a lightweight wind-proof rain-top, plus hat and gloves for the winter. But, don't go out and buy expensive new gear. You really don't need it. When you start, simply head out of the door in what you're wearing. Really. That's pretty much it.

It's boring. People often cite boredom as a reason not to run. I tell them that running is like walking, but the scenery changes more quickly. If you find running monotonous, a personal music player like a small iPod can help improve this, or try going with a friend. Some people listen to podcasts or audiobooks when they run.

It's raining. With a good jacket, rain becomes a pleasure to run in. The streets and countryside are more empty and it feels good (plus you get to score so many more smug points). Sometimes when it's raining you can feel like you are the last person on earth. Just you and the countryside. I love that feeling.

It's dark when I go to work. As for the dark - either find streetlamps or invest in a headtorch (mine was £35 and the batteries last me 5 months, nearly a whole winter).

I'm not a fitness freak. As for being a weird fitness freak, I'm happy to be accused of that. For all of the benefits I owe it to myself and my family to keep on running. I'm happier, healthier and will live longer to experience this wonderful planet and watch my children grow old.

Obsessed is just a word that lazy people use to describe the focused.

___________________


Dr Windross works as a GP with a special interest in weight management. 'The Waist Management System' out now on Amazon and on Kindle:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Waist-Management-System-choices/dp/1503299112/ref=tmm_pap_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1420473153&sr=8-2

FREE 20 weight loss daily emails to help kick start your plan: http://eepurl.com/baH-T1

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Dr_Peter_Windross